Made from 100% natural coconut fiber bristles.
The long and flexible bristles squeeze to fit through the narrow neck and to ¨spring back out ready to clean right into those hard-to-reach corners.¨
We quote the creator:
Ethically handmade from 100% natural, sustainable coconut fibers, this bottle brush won’t become smelly or mouldy with use, and once it has reached the end of its life simply throw it in the compost to biodegrade naturally.
- Plastic free – means zero microplastic pollution
- Ethically Handmade – supporting women producers in Sri Lanka
- Vegan Certified – no hidden animal products
- Eco-friendly plastic free packaging – printed with vegetable inks on FSC-certified paper
- 100% natural coconut fibre – made from the outer husk of mature coconuts, a by-product of the coconut industry
- Long-lasting – coconut fibre keeps its shape, strength and scrubability
- Naturally Antibacterial – always smells fresh and mould free
- Non-greasy – fats and oils don’t congeal on the surface, they simply wash off
- Non-Abrasive – Will not scratch surfaces
- Ergonomic Handle – fits comfortably in the palm of your hand
- FSC certified wood – sustainably sourced plantation timber
- Non-toxic Sealant – stops mould and discolouration of your timber handle
- Galvanised Wire – so your brush will never rust
- Biodegradable – Compost to breakdown naturally”
Length: 39cm (Brush Head Length: 19cm) box length: 39cm
Width: 6cm / Box width: 6.5cm
Depth: n/a / Box Depth: 6.5cm
Please note that as these are a handmade product there may be slight variation in sizing
Kim Good, the amazing woman behind this brand saw the amazing opportunity of a relationship between a developed country and Sri Lankan artisans.
We quote: ”
Her women artisans receive training and are paid above award wages for their work. As a result, many can now afford to keep their children in school, helping lift entire generations out of poverty.
“The best part has definitely been working and learning from the women. I love being with them when I am in Sri Lanka,” Kim says.”
NO chemicals are involved in the creating of these amazing brushes, not tested in animals and plastic-free.
We are aware of the carbon footprint of shipping from Sri Lanka to Australia but the fact that these brushes will last you for SO long and that they are made by a community that can benefit from this makes the balance even for us.
End of Life
Option 1 Home Compost the brush just throw everything in ! once the coconut fiber has been eaten and you are going to turn your compost to use it you will be able to take the wire and recycle it.
Option 2 Take the remaining coconut fibers off and place them in the compost.
Option 3 If you are going to place it in the Green Lid Bin (FOGO) please remove the fibers from the wire and only place the pole and fibers.
OR you can return it to us if you are local and we will do all the hard work for you 😀