Bamboo junior toothbrush.
Suitable for adults too, the size of the toothbrush is a travel size, which we find very interesting since is a great way to reduce the use of bamboo.
Excellent for kids!
Approved by Dentists.
**Please note the bristles are made from PBT (like nylon-6) which is FDA approved for food-grade tools. This material can only be recycled by Terracycle. We will guide you as to how to dispose of the bristles. Please do not discard in the recycled bin.**
Why did we choose this material?
Bamboo is no doubt the most sustainable material, nonetheless it also wears very quickly, leading your toothbrush very often. In addition, most of the bristles of bamboo toothbrushes are made from nylon, and sometimes even from both bamboo and nylon which makes it two materials for one tool.
This toothbrush is a great choice for kids that are the future and a challenge for adults to go smaller. In reality, the most important part of your oral care routine is your dental floss.
The stick is fully compostable and biodegradable!
If we could use only one word to desribe this brand we will certainly use transparent. Jennifer the creator will answer any questions you might have about this toothbrush.
Absolute knowledge and traceability of the bamboo that is used to produced this toothbrush.
The bristles are approved to be recycled by Terracycle®.
In Earth Coterie we also promote brands that empower other communities outside Australia, and this is exactly what boobrush does, the bamboo farm where the bamboo comes from is not an industrial one, it is a family own business, Jennifer has visited herself several times.
All the toothbrushes are finished in Adelaide.
We quote Boobrush:
“Careful journey from the bamboo orchards till it reaches you is as such:
2. Cut into strips and outer skin removed
3. Cleaning and sterilizing via boiling and then carbonization (under heat and pressure)
5. Cut into correct lenghts for toothbrushes
6. Crafted by hand in 3 dimensions into our distinct designs
7. Finished by hand to create our unusual fine smooth finish
8.A light cote of edible food grade wax is applied to seal the product surface
9. The highest quality Binchontan (activated charcoal) infused fine tapered BPA-free bristles are insertedinto the handle. We use luxuriously extra soft bristles for the Boobrush® Junior
10. Our signature Boobrush® logo is embedded into the handle via laser for extra precision
11. A stringent quality control process then ensues where each and every toothbrush is inspected for faults, defects or irregularities
12. They are then packed into our 100% biodegradable and recyclable kraft boxes, which are printed with soy based ink
What to do with the packaging?
Welcome! in this section we will guide you as to how you can return all the packaging to the loop, meaning it will not become “waste”.
The bamboo handle:
Is home compostable so place it in your compost if you have one and watch it decompose or place it in the green lid bin!
If you don’t have a home compost don’t worry we’ve got you covered, here are your options:
- If in Launceston return to us in one of our drop-off points.
- If outside of Launceston place it in your green lid bin ( the bin where the garden waste goes).
- If by any chance you don’t have ANY of the above, here is an idea: wash the bag, save it:
- Ask a friend if they have the green lid bin.
- Ask a friend who has a home compost.
- Wait until you have more than 5 items and return them to us, please send us an email or contact us through our chat or via Instagram.
Please find the nearest drop-off points and return the box to us, we will give it a second life.